Hurigadale chutney pudi is very quick and easy breakfast side dish,Chutney powders are the basic must to have items in south indian kitchen. Each chutney powder has its unique flavor and taste! This hurigadale/fried gram chutney powder is very easy to make yet delicious chutney powder.
- ½ cup hurigadale/fried gram dal/putani
- ½ cup grated dried coconut
- 1 TBSP red chilli powder
- 1 small key lime size tamarind
- 30 to 40 curry leaves
- ½ to 1 TBSP Jaggery
- ½ TBSP salt
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Dry roast the grated dry coconut in a pan on medium low heat until it turns light brown or it becomes crisp. Transfer it to a plate.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and transfer it to a plate
- Dry roast the curry leaves until leaves becomes crisp. Turn off the heat and add roasted coconut to this.
- Powder hurigadale along with roasted cumin, and coriander seeds . Then add red chilli powder, jaggery, tamarind and salt.Powder it to a fine powder.Transfer this powder onto a plate.
- Now powder the curry leaves and grated coconut mix. Add the above hurigadale powder to this curry leaves and grated coconut powder and pulse it 2 to 3 times.
- Transfer this powder to the plate and once it is cooled completely, store it in a airtight jar.
- Use it along with rice with little ghee/oil or chapathi, dose ….