Carrot Pepper rice is easiest and healthy rice dish.
Carrot is an amazing root loaded with Vitamin A and beta carotene. The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant. It help slows down the aging of cells. Chewing on a piece of carrot after each meals helps in maintaining the healthy gums and teeth.
Black pepper aids digestion, and adding black pepper to the diet helps to relieve the congestion. It reduces inflammation. Here is a very simple, quick recipe using the carrots and Pepper. You can add fresh corn or peas to this rice to make it more delicious. This is no nion no garlic and gluten free recipe.
Ingredients for making Carrot Pepper Rice:
- 1 cup rice ~ yields around 3 cups cooked rice or
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal and 1 tsp chana dal
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 dried red chilli
- few curry leaves
- little turmeric powder
- 2 big carrots washes and shredded or 2 cups of grated carrots
- 1 to 2 tsp of pepper(more or less)
- ¼ to ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- ½ cup 1 cup corn
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- Pressure cook or use the rice cooker to make the rice. Wash 1 cup of rice, add 2 cups of water (more or or less depends on the quality of rice) with little oil .
- Spread the cooked hot rice on the plate.
- Crush the pepper using mortar and pestle and keep it ready( use this according to your taste)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat,
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it splutters add dals.
- After the dals turn golden brown add chillies, and add curry leaves
- reduce the heat to medium low, then add grated carrots, corn,and turmeric powder mix it and cover it for a minute or 2
- Saute it until the raw smell of carrot disappears. cover it and let it cook for a minute or 2
- After a minute carrots are little cooked, add rice, salt, mix it well and again cover it let it cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- If you are using frozen coconut add now, if it is freshly grated add at the end.
- After around 8 minutes…. the carrot rice is done finally add crushed pepper, and coriander leaves, mix it. turn off the heat.
- Now pepper Carrot rice is ready. It is easy munch box recipe for kids and adults.