Jeerige anna or jeera rice | kayi jeerige anna | coconut jeera rice | is Simple yet delicious, traditional rice recipe using jeerige / jeera as the main ingredient. You might have tried kayi sasive / coconut mustard rice, this jeerige anna is also prepared the same way instead of mustard seeds we are using jeera.
This is vegan, gluten free, no onion, no garlic, and an easy lunch box recipe as well. Jeerige rice can be prepared with leftover rice.
you might be interested in knowing the benefits of jeerige / cumin seeds
- 1 cup rice (1 cup = 250ml)
- OR 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1¼ tsp jeerige/cumin seeds
- 3 tsp jaggery (to taste)
- 1.5 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- gooseberry size tamarind soaked in water
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4 byadagi and 4 guntur red chilli(your taste)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil(peanut oil)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1.5 tbsp chana dal/kadle bele
- 1 tbsp urad dal / urad dal
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped curry leaves
- 2 pinches of turmeric powder
- 2 pinches of hing
- Wash and cook the rice, and spread the cooked rice on a plate. (you can use leftover rice as well)
- Grind coconut, red chillies, jeera, jaggery, salt, tamarind juice along with little water to fine consistency.
- Don’t add too much water
- Consistency please watch the video
Seasoning for jeerige rice:
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add peanuts, fry it
- Then add chana dal and urad dal, fry it until the dal turns golden brown.
- Add curry leaves(tasty if we add more curry leaves),turmeric powder and hing. mix it well
- Now add ground masale, reduce the heat and fry it until the raw smell disappears and water evaporates.
- Add cooked rice, mix it well. finally add chopped coriander leaves, mix it and turn off the heat. Serve!