Continuing from our last recipe CURRY LEAVES POWDER with Anu, in this video she is showing us the Neem Flower rice recipe or bevina huvina anna . Easy to make , healthy Neem Flower rice. This rice can be prepared with just the neem flower and seasoning, or add curry leaves powder to enhance the taste of this rice. Either way this is an awesome delicious rice.
During the Neem Flower season make sure to dry the flowers and store for yearlong use.
Few benefits of this neem flower are improves digestion, for eye health, and also for skin problems.
Click here on RICE RECIPES to try different rice dishes
- ½ cup rice(wash and cook with 1 cup of water and keep it ready.
- around 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp neem flower(dried)
- 10 to 12 cashews or you can use peanuts
- 1 tbsp curry leaves powder ( recipe link in the description box)
- ½ to ¾ tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated fresh coconut
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp split black gram/urad dal
- 1 tsp split bengal gram/chana dal
- 2 to 3 green chillies(chopped)
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium low heat, fry cashews, once it starts to turn golden brown add neem flowers, roast it for few seconds and transfer this to a plate
- Keep the pan back on stove, heat 2 tsp oil, add mustard seeds, after it pops add the dals, and cut chillies, fry it until the dals turn golden brown.
- once the dals turn golden brown, reduce the heat and add the cooked rice, fried cashews and neem flower, salt, and curry leaves powder. Mix it really well
- you can add chopped coriander leaves and squeeze little lemon/lime juice as well.
- Finally add grated coconut, mix it. Turn off the heat.
- Neem Flower rice / Bevina huvina anna is ready to serve.