Vegetable bhath or masale bhat or masala bhaath recipe with detailed video instructions.
Quick and delicious rice dish with mixed vegetables and spices.Cooking for lunch box is always challenging and sometimes boring to think what to do. You should know many one pot rice dishes which is easy to to yet delicious. This Vegetable bhaath is one of the easy and tasty rice dish which can be prepared with the vegetables and available fresh beans.
- 1 cup rice (basmati rice is recommended)
- 1/4 cup cut beans / hurulikayi
- 1/4 cup cut carrot pieces
- 1/4 cup cut capsicum / bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh / frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- around 4 bay leaves /palav leaves
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder / cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 to 3 green chillies( finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1½ to 2 cups of water( depends on the rice you use)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes
- Crush the cardamom and keep it ready.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat,
- Once the oil is hot , add jeera, then cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, and cardamom, fry it for few seconds, then add garlic and ginger, fry it until the raw smell disappears.
- Add jeera powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and green chillies, fry it.
- add onion, fry it for a minute, then add red chilli powder,
- then drain the water from the soaked rice to a cup, add the rice, saute it for a minute
- to this add water ( soaked and remaining 1 cup) , once it starts to boil add salt, all the vegetables, and mix it.
- Once it starts to boil cover the lid and let it whistle . Turn off the heat after 1 or 2 whistles.
- now the cooker is cooled completely, Mix it gently -Masala vegetable rice is ready Serve.