Simple yet delicious nimbe hannina gojju/ lemon gojju is sweet, sour and spicy side dish. This lemon gojju goes well with rice, rotti, rotis and any breakfasts.
Limbe gojju can be stored in refrigerator for 15 days. Gojju is vegan, gluten free as well.
Ingredients for making nimbe hannina gojju:
- 4 limes
- 3 tbsp jaggery (quantity depends on the sourness of lemon/lime)
- 2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- around 10 byadagi red chillies(quantity depends on the sourness of the lime/lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds/menthya
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- First press and roll the lime with your palm as shown.
- Wash and cut the limes/ lemon into small pieces
- Cook the cut lemon in water. Once the lemon pieces are cooked well ,turn off the heat and let it cool
- heat around 1/4 tsp oil in a pan on medium low heat. Add methi seeds, red chillies fry it for a minute on low heat.
- now add jeera, mustard seeds. Fry it until the methi seeds becomes golden brown. Then turn off the heat
- Powder the masale, and to that add cooked limes along with water, jaggery and salt . Grind this to a fine paste
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add jeera. Fry it for few seconds, turn off the heat
- Add the seasoning to the prepared gojju. Mix it well Lemon gojju is ready, Serve with rotti, rice and chapathi as well.
- It may taste bitter on the day it is prepared, but bitterness reduces the next day.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator up to 15 days. around 2 to 3 days at room temperature