ambode | Chanadal ambode | Dal Vada
AMbode is another festival dish prepared on Yugaadi, Deepavali and Gowri habba.Ambode is a very evergreen tasty snack you can enjoy with tea/coffee especially on a rainy day. This is an Indian version of the popular falafel. It is crunchy on the outside and softer on the inside. Very easy to make healthy and utterly delicious snack is ambode.
other recipe you can try
- ¾ cup chana dal (split chickpeas or split polished baby Garbanzo Beans). It is soaked for 2-3 hours and drained
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 10 curry leaves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1¼ cups oil to fry
You can make 12 to 14 ambode
- Put all the ingredients, except the oil, into a mixer and coarse grind it (takes only 3-4 pulses).
- Once the mixture is coarse, remove into a bowl and mix it, to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Keep the oil in a pan, on medium heat, to get ready for frying. To check whether the oil is ready, put a small piece of the mixture into the oil, and if it comes up to the top, then the oil is ready.
- Take the mixture and make small balls, and flatten with your hand.
- Place these in the oil, and leave it for around three minutes.
- Flip the ambodes over.
- Once the ambodes reach a golden brown color, remove, and place it on a paper towel to allow the excess oil to soak up.
- Ambode can be served plain or with chutney, or even ketchup. Enjoy!