Avarekayi ambode / avarekai /avarekaayi /hyacinth beans / surti papdi lilava Vada recipe
Ingredients for avarekayi ambode:
- 3 cup avarekayi / field beans/hyacinth beans
- wash and soak the avarekaaLu for2 to 4 hours or more
- 1 bunch of dill leaves /sabsige soppu
- 1.5 inch ginger piece
- around 8 green chillies
- 1 medium or big onion
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- oil to fry the ambode
- remove the outer skin of this avarekai by gently pressing each avarekai as shown in the video
- First grind green chillies, ginger, dill leaves,onion and beans (avarekai) in the food processor or mixer to a coarse consistency
- Then add coconut, salt and pulse it a few times then transfer this to a bowl.
- Add the rice flour little by little and mix it until you get the desired (ambode mix)consistency
To fry the ambode/vada:
- Heat the oil in pan on medium low heat
- Once the oil is hot( check by adding little ambode mix, it has to come up immediately) take a tbsp of the mix, make it a ball and flatten it as shown, then add it to the hot oil one by one, Fry this until ambode turns golden brown on all sides
- After 3 to 4 minutes flip it and fry the ambode on the other side as well.
- Once ambodes turn golden brown on both sides, remove it and transfer it on to a colander/paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining ambode mix
- With the given measurement we can make around 40 ambode