Gobi Manchurian is deep fried crispy cauliflower / gobi florets snack tossed in a spicy homemade sauce. Gobi Manchurian recipe is adopted from the Chinese cuisine to our taste. Here is this recipe- I have not used any store bought sauce like soya sauce, tomato ketchup. Pure and simple!
Kids friendly and perfect evening snack with a hot cup of coffee or Tea!
Interested in Cabbage Manchurian Recipe? CLICK HERE ON CABBAGE MANCHURIAN
Ingredients for gobi Manchurian Recipe:
To make the Gobi Pakora/Bonda:
- I medium sized Gobi/ cauliflower
- 2.5 to 3 TBSP maida/all purpose flour
- 2.5 to 3 TBSP corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Chilli powder
- Oil to fry
- water to make the pakoda batter ( use only if needed)
For seasoning for gobi Manchurian:
- 1 to 1½ TBSP oil
- 3 to 4 Finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tbsp Chopped ginger
- 2 to 4 TBSP chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion Or 1 big onion (Finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato Or 3 medium size tomatoes (chopped)
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves(minced)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ to 1 TBSP jaggery Powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- some lemon juice
- More oil to fry gobi Pakoda
- Watch the video for tips and instructions in Kannada
To prepare fried gobi:
- After 20 to 30 minutes, drain the water and wash the cauliflower florets few more times.
- In a bowl mix washed cauliflower florets, (drain the water), maida flour, corn flour, jeera, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder without adding any water. If the batter is too dry then add very little water and mix it. I used around 3 tbsp water to get required consistency.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat to fry the pakoras.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry these batter coated gobi’s in hot oil until it turns golden brown, remove it using a perforated ladle to a colander, and repeat the same procedure with the remaining gobi
- now the fried gobis ready.
Prepare the Masala for Gobi Manchurian:
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a pan on medium high heat, add jeera, ginger,green chillies , minced garlic, saute it, then add tomatoes, fry it on high flame until all the water from tomato are evaporated.
- Now add onion, fry it for a minute or 2, sprinkle little salt, add jaggery mix it well .
- mix it well, add fried cauliflower pakoda, stir it for a minute on high flame.turn off the heat and add chopped coriander, and lemon juice,
- turn off the heat and serve!