Masala Mandakki or crispy puffed rice snack is very addictive snack to munch on anytime of the day. Quick and easy to make pori oggarane is best with coffee or tea or to take with you on hike or when you travel. The advantage of this masala mandakki is prepare in bulk and store it in airtight container. Whenever you want to munch on something crunchy this is the one. To this you can add chopped onion, coriander leaves, tomato and put some sev on top and serve as well.
For more snacks check this link SNACKS
Ingredients for Masala Mandakki:
- 3 cups mandakki puri(Mysore puri which is salted) or you can take any variety 1 to 1.5 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera /cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp shenga/peanuts
- 1 tbsp hurigadale/fried gram dal
- 2 or more green chillies
- 4 cloves of garlic( you can skip this )
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- chopped coriander leaves
- around ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the oil in pan on medium low heat, once hot add mustard seeds, after it splutters add jeera, shenga(Peanuts), after 30 seconds add curry leaves
- Then finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped garlic, and coriander leaves, fry it until there is no moisture in the ingredients and becomes crisp
- Now add turmeric powder, mix it well. Turn off the heat and add hurigadale mix it. and let it cool.
- If the puri is not crisp, keep this masale mandakki on stove on low heat for some more time.