Peanut chikki – an addictive easy to make treat.
Chikki is very popular, addictive sweet made of groundnuts / peanuts / Shenga and jaggery. The important step in making this peanut brittle or chikki is the jaggery syrup consistency.
This chikki can be prepared with combination of nuts, you can make til/sesame chikki too.
- 1 cup unsalted shelled dry roasted peanuts / kadale kayi
- ¾ cup jaggery
- ½ cup water
- Ghee to grease the flat plate or surface
Yields around 20 pieces :
- Dry roast the peanuts, remove the skin, split into halves and keep it ready. You can buy the roasted unsalted peanuts too.
- Melt the jaggery with water and clean it .
- Take the cleaned jaggery syrup in a thick bottom pan. Heat it on medium low heat.
- Stir it continuously until you get the thread consistency or kambi paaka ( takes around 12 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and add the roasted peanuts. Mix it well and immediately transfer it onto the greases plate. Spread it evenly.
- Grease the rolling pin and roll the peanut chikki.
- Grease the knife and cut the chikki into desired shape and size.