Rice ribbons recipe | Crispy rice flour snacks | rice flour snacks |Masala rice flour sticks
If you are looking for an easy, crunchy, spicy , gluten free, vegan snack – try these rice ribbons. easy to make and delicious snacks. and no onion and no garlic snack recipe as well.
Very few ingredients like rice flour, and salt, jeera, ajwain and chili powder. I have used home made rice flour for this recipe which I have shared already. Either you can use the home made rice flour or the store bought rice flour.
Other rice recipes you can try are enne rotti,akki hittina nippattu /rice flour nippattu, kayi vade …
Also you can check these snack recipes as well.
Ingredients for Rice Ribbon :
- 1 cup rice flour
- Pinch of hing/asafetida
- 1 tsp ajwain/omkalu
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- finely chopped coriander and curry leaves
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup water
- oil to fry the snack
- 1 tbsp oil (for the dough)
- Heat a tbsp oil in ladle on medium heat, add to the rice flour and mix
- Boil the water, add salt, hing, jeera, omam, and rice flour, mix it well. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Once the dough becomes a little warm, add chili powder, chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves. Grease your hands and mix it and knead it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the dough, roll it on greased plastic sheet as shown in the video
- Cut this as long ribbon/tapes as shown or desired shape
To fry the rice ribbons :
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat
- Once the oil is hot add the prepared tapes
- Keep stirring and fry until it turns golden brown . Flip these ribbons and fry it,
- Once the rice ribbons turn golden brown on all sides remove it from the oil and
- transfer this snack onto a colander/paper towel
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough
- Since I have used the red rice flour color is deep brown