Rice Avalakki Dosa or spicy dosa and Sweet Dosa recipe with detailed video instruction,
Morning breakfast is always a question. Here we have another simple breakfast Dosa recipe. This is 2 in 1 sweet and khara dosa using rice and avalakki ( aval, poha). No need to ferment Rice Avalakki dosa batter. It is no onion No garlic breakfast recipe.
Try these variety dosa recipes – like cucumber dosa, jackfruit dosa, masala dosa..
Ingredients for making Rice Avalakki Dosa:
1 cup = 250ml
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Avalakki / Poha ( If it is medium avalakki – ½ cup
Gatti/thick avalakki – 1 to 2 tbsp less than ½ cup
Thin avalakki – 2 to 3 tbsp more than ½ cup)
- ½ cup curd/yogurt
For sweet DOsa:
- 2 tbsp jaggery
For Khara dosa:
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 inch fresh ginger (grate it and keep it ready)
- 4 finely chopped green chillies
- ghee to make dosa
- 1 to 1¼ cup water( use as needed)
- Wash and soak the rice with 3/4 cup water for minimum 2 hours
- Soak the avalakki in curd for minimum 2 hours
- First grind the soaked avalakki to fine paste, if you need to add water, use the water from the soaked rice. transfer it to a bowl
- Now transfer some water to a bowl from the soaked rice, grind it to a fine paste, then add coconut, avalakki paste, and soaked water from the rice – grind it to a coarse consistency
- Transfer it to a big bowl, clean the jar with enough water to get the consistency as shown
- Altogether I have used around 11/4 cup water.
- keep the batter aside for 1/2 hour to 3-4 hours, no need to ferment
To make sweet Dosa:
- take around1 cup batter to an another bowl,
- add ⅛ tsp salt and jaggery mix it well.
- Sweet DOsa batter is ready
- To make Spicy dosa,
- Add grated ginger, chopped chillies, remaining salt to the remaining batter. Mix it well
- To make the Dosas
- First make the sweet dosa
- Grease and Heat the tava on medium low heat.
- Once the tava is hot , take a ladle full of the batter, pour it in the center. Let it be thick dosa, put some ghee and cover it and cook it for a to 1.5 minutes
- Once dosa done remove it from the tava, use oil for the first one and then for 2nd dosa onwards grease the tava with ghee, repeat the same procedure with remaining sweet dosa batter
- Eat / Serve hot dosa with butter, or ghee, plain coconut chutney tastes good with the khara dosa.
With this measurement we can make 10 dosas
- 6 khara dosa and
- 4 sweet dosa