Avalakki sandige – video recipe in kannada.
Summer is the best time to prepare happala, sandige in bulk and store it for the winter. These rice flake fryums are the easiest and tastiest sun dried fryums. Any weddings, functions or festivals the saaranna is not complete with out these deep fried happala and sandige. Home made papads are always healthy and tastes better than the store brought ones, so why wait? make it today !
- 1 cup thick avalakki / Gatti avalakki
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup water
- 6 Green chillies
- Little Hing
- ½ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Chakli press
- Oil to grease
- Grind the avalakki to a fine powder. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Grind the chillies too, add this to the powdered avalakki.
- Add all other ingredients to the avalakki and add water and mis it to get the soft chapathi dough consistency. Cover it and keep it aside for 30 minutes or more.
- Then grease your hand and knead it for 1 to 2 minutes, divide the dough into 2 parts and press this using a chakli press(with chakli disc) on a greased plate, parallel to one another as shown in the video.
- Sun dry this sandige for a day or 2. Store it in a airtight container.
How to use the Sandige:
- Take required amount of dried sandige.
- Heat enough oil to fry the sandige on medium heat.
- Once hot deep fry the prepared sandige until it turns light golden color.
Remove it and eat it as snack or side dish with rasam 🙂