Ragi Sandige – detailed video instructions.
Another interesting summer recipe Ragi Sandige. Using the ragi flour and spices, it is very easy to make in bulk and store it for the winter days!
Any weddings, functions or festivals the saaranna is not complete with out these deep fried happala and sandige. Home made papads are always healthy and tastes better than the store brought ones, so why wait? make it today !
- ½ cup ragi flour / finger millet flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Green chillies
- ½ tsp Jeera or cumin seeds
- 2 pinches Hing or asafetida
- 2 tsp for the ragi batter
- Oil to fry
- Grease the plates or sheets and keep it ready
- Mix ragi flour with a cup of water and keep it aside for 2 to 6 hours
- Grind soaked ragi flour along with green chillies to a fine paste
- Boil the remaining water in a pan along with salt, jeera and hing.
- Once the water starts to boil add the ragi mix, keep stirring.
- After 5 to 6 minutes (you see the batter is shining) turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Take ½ tsp of the batter put it on the greased plate as shown in the video.
- Sun dry this sandige for a day or 2. Store it in a airtight container.
How to use the Sandige:
- Take required amount of dried sandige.
- Heat enough oil to fry the sandige on medium heat.
- Once hot deep fry the prepared sandige until it turns light golden color.