Plantain Palya | Balekai palya | Balekayi Palya | Raw Banana curry
Balekayi palya is easy to make nutritious sidedish. Plantains are loaded with Vitamin B6, antioxidants and minerals. Plantains contains soluble fibers which aid in regular bowel movements. This healthy plantains should be incorporated in our diet at least once a week. Here is the simple Balekayi palya recipe.
This balekai palya is vegan and gluten free.
Hope you try other balekai or plantain recipes such as Plantain dosa, Balekai – plantain chips ,
More breakfast recipes and chutney recipes
Ingredients for making balekayi palya:
- 4 small balekayi
- 3 tbsp oil
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 3 to 6 green chillies (chopped or slit)
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 to 4 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander seeds
- Juice of half lemon(optional)
- Wash and peel a thin layer and steam cook on medium high heat for 13 to 14 minutes
- Once cooked remove the skin and grate it using the grater
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat, once the oil is hot add hing, mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds pops add dals. Fry it until the dals turn golden brown.
- Now add chillies,turmeric powder, curry leaves and the grated plantains . mix it well.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add salt, coconut and mix it.
- If you feel the palya is dry, sprinkle some water.
- Cover it and cook it on low heat for a minute. Turn off the heat.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice mix it well.
- Palya is ready to serve with rice, roti …
- You can use onion for this palya.