Menthe tambuli recipe with step by step instructions and Video.
Tambuli or tambli is part of our everyday meal. This flavored yogurts are prepared with different spices and vegetables. Eating this tambli/ flavored curd is healthy and helps in digesting our rest of the meal.Here is the recipe of Menthya or fenugreek seeds Tambuli.
Methi seeds/methya/fenugreek seeds have lots of medicinal value. They are loaded with antioxidants. These seeds promote healthy hair, and help to relieve discomfort due to arthritis. They also help to avoid constipation and aid in liver function and digestion. It helps in reduction of cholesterol and removal of toxins from the body.
Also menthya increases the milk production in new moms.
- 1 tsp menthya/menthe/fenugreek seeds
- ½ cup Grated coconut
- ½ cup yogurt/curd
- ¼ cup water
- 1 stp jeera/cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 dried byadagi red chillies
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp ghee
- ¼ Jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 10 to 15 Curry leaves
- Heat the ½ tsp ghee in a pan.
- Fry the menthya, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and red chillies, until methi seeds turns light golden brown. Turn off the heat and add coconut, and mix it. Allow it to cool.
- Grind the mix along with water to a fine paste, finally add the curd/yogurt and pulse it once.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add little water to the mixer jar and pour it to the tambli.
- Heat remaining ghee in a ladle on medium heat.
- Once it is hot enough add mustard seeds, once it pops add cumin seeds and turn off the heat. Add this to tambuli. Mix it and now the healthy Fenugreek seeds/menthya tambuli is ready to eat Enjoy!
- If available use yogurt.
- You can use buttermilk for this recipe.