Nellikai tambuli or nelli kayi tambli is easy and delicious yogurt based recipe. This is Gluten free recipe.
Nellikai/Amla/gooseberry is as we all know rich in vitamin C along with many more nutrients present in it. Whether we eat dry or fresh nellikai, both has same benefits.
Apart from its amazing taste gooseberry / amla are rich source of vitamin C along with many minerals, calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Vitamin B Complex and carotene. Amla, fresh and dried are used in Ayurvedic medicine. According to Ayurveda, Amla balances all three doshas.
Health benefits of Nelli kaayi/Amla:
Rich in Vitamin C
Iron rich Amla helps in preventing anemia
Anti – inflammatory properties helps to reduce the pain and helps in bone health.
Improves eye health
Reduces stress and ageing
Helps in weight loss
High antioxidants present in Amla helps in protecting the body from free radicals
Helps in hair growth, prevents graying of hair
Try this easy tambuli recipe with fresh or frozen nellikai or gooseberry.
Other amla recipes NELLIKAI THOKKU, NELLIKAYI LEHA
Ingredients for making nellikai tambuli:
- 2 to 3 nellikayi or 6 to 8 frozen gooseberry pieces (crush it and remove the seeds)
- 1/2 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 10 black pepper or 1 green chilli
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1 cup yogurt/curd (whisk and keep it ready) or 2 cups buttermilk
- Heat 1/4 tsp ghee in a ladle, once hot add jeera and pepper . fry it for a while. then turn off the heat.
- Grind coconut, nellikai, jeera and pepper to a fine paste adding enough water.
- Add the paste to the yogurt, salt and mix it well.
if you want to give the seasoning follow the procedure below:
- Heat 1/4 tsp ghee in a ladle, once hot add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, after it sputters, add broken red chillies turn off the heat
- Add the seasoning to the tambuli, mix it and serve it with rice,