nugge soppu kadalekalu palya |drumstick leaves and chick peas dry curry.
Easy to make nugge soppu kadalekalu palya | moringa leaves and brown chana. nugge soppu kadalekalu palya is vegan, gluten free and protein rich palya goes well as side dish to rasam rice, sambar rice and also with rotis as well.
Benefits of moringa | drumsticks leaves:
Nugge soppu or Moringa or drumstick leaves are very nutritious. Some of the benefits of these leaves are – these are rich in calcium, iron, Vitamin A,- good for eyes, anti toxic, anti diabetic, anti inflammatory and drinking the juice helps in relieving pain, apply the leaves paste over the piles to relieve pain as well.
For pregnant women drumsticks are good not the leaves
Benefits of brown chana | brown chickpeas:
High in protein
Rich in fiber
Low glycemic index
Packed with vitamins and minerals
May help lower cholesterol levels
I hope you have tried Moringa leaves rotti / nugge soppina rotti . Here is an another simple yet delicious and healthy side dish using moringa leaves – nugge soppu kadale kaaLu palya. This dry curry can be eaten as breakfast or evening snack/ dinner as weight loss food.
- 1/2 cup kadale kaaLu | kala chana / dry bengal gram
- wash and soak it, then pressure cook it with enough water,1/4 tsp salt, a bay leaf or 1/4 tsp jeera
- or 1 cup cooked kadlekaLu /chana
- ~4 green chillies
- few curry leaves
- 1 small onion(optional)
- 2 big handfuls of drumstick leaves/moringa
- ¾ tsp salt or salt to taste
- 3 tsp of cooking oil
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / uddina bele
- 2 to 3 green chilies
- wash and soak bengal gram / brown chana for 6 to 8 hours. then pressure cook it with enough water,1/4 tsp salt, a bay leaf or 1/4 tsp jeera.
- Wash and drain the water . You can use a salad spinner to do so.
- Finely chop onion, green chillies, and greens.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat. Once hot add hing,
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, after it pops add 1 tsp split bengal and black gram(urad and chana),
- fry it until the dal turns golden brown, then add green chilies,
- as it changes the color add chopped onion, curry leaves little salt, turmeric powder, fry it for few seconds, then add chopped greens,
- as the greens wilt add cooked chana along with some water from cooked chana, 1/4 tsp salt, mix it cover it, cook it, and let the water evaporates
- reduce the heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.check in between if it needs more water.
- if the water is not evaporated completely then you can increase the flame to high, stir it until all the water evaporates.
- Finally, before turning off the heat add grated coconut, mix it.
- Palya is ready to serve.
- If the leaves are not tender it may take more water and more time to cook.
- Onion is optional.