Khara sev using air fryer. NO DEEP FRYING !
Any crunchy crispy snacks like Khara sev, chakli, mixture…are addictive and tasty as well.
Usually these are deep fried snacks. I am trying our deep fried snacks using the air fryer and I am liking it. To give you a fair review – no doubt deep fried snacks taste better, but air fried snacks are guilt free, tasty and with less or no oil.
- 1/2 cup jowar flour / joLada hittu
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup kadale hittu / chana besan / chickpea flour
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ajwain or omkaLu
- 1/2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp jeera powder
- 2 tsp oil / butter /ghee
- 1/8 tsp hing
- 3/4 cup water
- Boil water in a pan on medium heat,
- Once it starts to boil add oil,salt, jeera powder,turmeric powder and chilli powder
- Then add jowar flour, rice flour, chana flour,and ajwain,mix it well and turn off the heat
- Cover it and keep it aside until it cools down completely
- once it is cooled, add hing and mix the dough.
- knead it and make the soft dough
To make the Sev:
- Grease the Sev disc and the Sev press. fill the sev press with the prepared dough, and close it
- grease the air fryer pan. Press the sev as shown in the video, separate each string as much as possible.
- Then keep the pan back in the air fryer keep it in the air fryer, lock it.
- set the temperature to 180 and timer to 8 minutes.
- after 6 minutes.. flip this sev and let it cook on the other side for remaining 2 minutes.
- now the sev turned golden brown on both sides. and it is ready to eat.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining dough