Khara sev Recipe using Air fryer | Kharada kaddi
Khara sev using air fryer. NO DEEP FRYING !
Any crunchy crispy snacks like Khara sev, chakli, mixture…are addictive and tasty as well.
Usually these are deep fried snacks. I am trying our deep fried snacks using the air fryer and I am liking it. To give you a fair review – no doubt deep fried snacks taste better, but air fried snacks are guilt free, tasty and with less or no oil.
This is Gluten free, vegan snack.
Try this kharada kaddi or khara sev and share your feedback!
Other recipes which I tried and liked are French fries , and ambode using the air fryer.
- 1/2 cup jowar flour / joLada hittu
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup kadale hittu / chana besan / chickpea flour
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ajwain or omkaLu
- 1/2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp jeera powder
- 2 tsp oil / butter /ghee
- 1/8 tsp hing
- 3/4 cup water
- Boil water in a pan on medium heat,
- Once it starts to boil add oil,salt, jeera powder,turmeric powder and chilli powder
- Then add jowar flour, rice flour, chana flour,and ajwain,mix it well and turn off the heat
- Cover it and keep it aside until it cools down completely
- once it is cooled, add hing and mix the dough.
- knead it and make the soft dough
To make the Sev:
- Grease the Sev disc and the Sev press. fill the sev press with the prepared dough, and close it
- grease the air fryer pan. Press the sev as shown in the video, separate each string as much as possible.
- Then keep the pan back in the air fryer keep it in the air fryer, lock it.
- set the temperature to 180 and timer to 8 minutes.
- after 6 minutes.. flip this sev and let it cook on the other side for remaining 2 minutes.
- now the sev turned golden brown on both sides. and it is ready to eat.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining dough