Badam halwa is very simple to make yet delicious sweet with few ingredients. This sweet can be prepared on any festival day like deepavaLi / Diwali , holi, navrathri… The flavor and color for this badam halwa comes from saffron .
- ½ cup almonds
- Little less than ½ cup sugar
- 1/2 + cup milk
- 10 to 12 strands of saffron soaked in milk
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Soak the almonds in 1 cup of water for 3 to 4 hours and then remove the skin
- Or add 1 cup of boiling water to the almonds, keep it for few minutes. Then remove the skin.
- Grind the almonds along with milk to a fine paste
- Keep a thick bottom pan on medium heat. add sugar and 2 to 3 tbsp of water. let it dissolve
- once the sugar is dissolved, add almond paste, add some milk or water to the mixer jar, add that as well.
- after 5 minutes… add a spoon of ghee, and soaked saffron along with the milk
- Stir it until all the water evaporates adding a spoon of ghee every 2 to 3 minutes interval.
- After almost 18 minutes—
- Now the halva is almost ready,ghee is almost separating from the halwa.
- Halwa is ready, turn off the heat and transfer it to a bowl.
- Badam halwa is ready to serve. You can warm the halwa before serving.