apple cake recipe | Cake recipe without maida, Sugar| Vegan Cake
Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
apple cake recipe | Cake recipe without maida, Sugar| Cake made with wheat flour and jaggery | Vegan cake recipe
Apple cake is simple to make Vegan cake without using sugar and maida or all purpose flour. This simple apple cake is made with whole wheat flour and jaggery with nuts and raisins.
Check this vegan black forest cake recipe with Cashew cream frosting as well.
Ingredients for making apple cake:
- 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 apple
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup refined oil / butter
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp chopped dates
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk or any non dairy milk
- (if you are not vegan you can use regular milk)
- 1/2 cup jaggery powder or brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime/ lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 8*2 inch pan
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl
- Peel the skin, grind it to a fine paste. Transfer this to a big bowl
- Add jaggery, oil, vanilla and lemon juice. whisk it well
- Grease the cake pan and place the baking paper, grease that as well
- This should be the consistency of the batter.
- I have used 1/2 cup of almond milk,
- Pour the batter to the greased pan
- Preheat the oven to 180º C or 350ºF
- Put the nuts and dry fruits and gently press it down
- Keep this pan in the preheated oven and set the time to 35 minutes
- Check this after 30 minutes,
- To check insert a fork or toothpick, if the cake batter sticks to the it, let the cake bake for another 5 more minutes
- Check the cake again, and allow it to cool completely
- Once it is cooled completely , turn it upside down and remove the baking paper and flip again.
- Cut the cake to desired size and serve