Khara bread recipe | Masala bread recipe | Vegan khara bread
Khara bread recipe | Masala bread recipe | Vegan Masala bread using whole wheat flour | No maida bread recipe |
Here is a recipe of easy to make bakery style khara bread using whole wheat flour. Simple ingredients and great taste. So make your own khara bread at home and enjoy!
Check these recipes as well –
whole wheat flour Apple cake
Black forest cake with cashew cream frosting
Ingredients for making khara bread:
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp omkaaLu / ajwain
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- around 6 green chilies( more or less )
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- around 1 cup lukewarm water
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add salt, pepper powder, and ajwain.
- make a whole in the center and add sugar and yeast.
- Add 1/2 cup of water in the middle and mix yeast and sugar
- Now add chopped coriander leaves, green chilies, oil and mix it.
- Add water little by little, mix it until you get required consistency (please watch the video)
- I have added 1 cup water.
- Now grease your hands and knead the dough for 5 minutes or until you get the soft dough.
- Grease the bread pan , place the dough as shown in the video
- Cover it with a clean towel and keep it in a warm place until it double in size
- Once the dough is doubled in size , it is ready to bake
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC or 425ºF
- Keep the pan in preheated oven and set the timer for 20 minutes
- Check after 15 minutes!
- If it is golden brown and if you insert a toothpick it is clear then the bread is done.
- Each oven is different, so check after 15 minutes, if it is not done keep it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Let it cool and then slice the bread using a serrated knife.
- Enjoy as a snack with tea , coffee or as breakfast with a touch of butter or olive oil.