Hesarubele pakoda recipe | Moong dal vada recipe | Moong dal pakora Recipe |
Another Vegan and gluten free fried snack which is a simple yet delicious evening snack – Moong dal pakoras or hesarubele pakoras/ pakodas. These easy pakoras can be made with easily available ingredients at home. These are vegan and gluten free evening snacks. In this recipe onion and garlic are optional.
Pakoras or fritters are a very popular Indian snack. Try this Vegan snack with green chutney or sauce.
Easy to make, spicy, crispy winter time or rainy season snack and best party / get together appetizer.
Try other pakoda recipes such as:
Ingredients for making Moong dal vada recipe:
- 1 cup hesaru beLe / Moong dal / split green gram
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp om / ajwain
- 1/2 tsp jeera /cumin seeds
- around 6 green chilies
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 inch fresh ginger(chopped)
- around 4 cloves of garlic(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coconut
- 1 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1.5 cup water to soak the beLe/dal
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- onion and garlic are optional
- oil to fry pakoda
- Wash the dals/bele couple of times and soak this with enough of water for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour
- Pulse /dry grind coriander leaves,chillies, curry leaves, ginger and jeera as shown in the video
- To this add salt and drain the water from soaked dal and add the dal (discard the water
- grind it to a coarse paste
- Transfer the coarse ground pakoda mix to a bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix it well.
To fry the pakoras:
- Heat the oil to fry the pakoda on medium heat/medium low heat
- Once the oil is hot enough( check by adding little mix it has to come up immediately)
- take 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp pakoda mix, either you can make a round shape or you can do like ambode, add one by one to the hot oil.(quantity depends on how much oil you are using)
- Fry this by stirring and fry until pakodas turn golden brown all the sides.
- Once the pakodas turn golden brown on all sides, remove with a perforated ladle and transfer it to a colander
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining mix
- Serve this with chutney or ketchup.
- we can make around 40 pakoras