Menthya kashaya | malenaaDina hot drinks Healthy methi seeds kashaya / menthya / fenugreek tea recipe.
Drink this healthy methi kashaya / menthe kashaya .
This hot drink is good for summer which keeps the body cool, and try drinking this menthya coffee / menthya tea in the morning or evening for good digestion and weight loss.
As we all know Methi seeds / menthya / fenugreek seeds have lots of medicinal value. They are loaded with antioxidants. These seeds promote healthy hair, and help to relieve discomfort due to arthritis. They also help to avoid constipation and aids in liver function and digestion. It helps in reduction of cholesterol and removal of toxins from the body.
Ingredients for making menthya kashaya:
- 1/4 tsp menthya powder / methi powder(dry roast the fenugreek seeds and then powder
- jaggery to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dry roast the methi seeds on low heat until it sputters and changes its color. Make sure not to burn the seeds
- Turn off the heat and let it cool
- Grind the roasted methi seeds to a fine powder, and store it in an airtight container
To make the kashaya:
- Boil the water, add jaggery, add methi powder
- let it boil on low heat for about 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat
- Add this kashaya to the hot milk, mix well and drink.