halasina kayi pakoda | ಹಲಸಿನಕಾಯಿ ಪಕೋಡ । Tender Jackfruit pakoda | halasinakayi mulka recipe | vegan snack recipe | gujje pakoda / halasinakayi mulka
Halasina kayi pakoda or jackfruit pakoda recipe is my invention. You might have known the sweet jackfruit mulka recipe. While thinking about that recipes, I was wondering what would be the taste if I prepare pakora using the tender jackfruit, and thought of trying it . I tried it last week. It was very delicious, crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked inside. Hence I am sharing this tender jackfruit pakoda recipe with you all. This is a vegan and gluten free snack recipe. This is popularly called as mulka in the coastal regions. We do this recipe using fruit as sweet and this spicy mulka as well.
Points to remember while making this halasina kayi pakodas are
1 fry pakodas on medium low heat
2. Make sure to add enough rice flour (if the pulp quantity is more, then the pakodas absorb more oil when we fry)
Hope you will give it a try and share your thoughts with us.
The other tender jackfruit/halasinakayi recipes you can try are
Tender jackfruit sambar
Tender jackfruit palya
Using fruit – jackfruit dosa
And CLICK HERE for MORE JACKFRUIT RECIPES
Ingredients for making halasina kayi pakoda:
- ಹಲಸಿನಕಾಯಿ ತೊಳೆ /tender jackfruit /halasinakayi (yields Around 2 cups of puree)
- around 1 cup rice flour(more or less depends on the consistency of the dough)
- around 2 inches fresh ginger(since jackfruit is vayu(causes gas)addition of finger is highly recommended )
- around 10 green chilies(more or less)
- 15 pepper
- 1.5 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp ajwain/omam /omkaaLu
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 to 1¼ cup finely chopped onion
- oil to fry the pakodas
- Grind green chilies, pepper, ginger, and jackfruit to a fine paste (do not add water)
- Transfer the puree to a big bowl, add chopped onion, coriander leaves, omam, and salt. Mix it
- Then add rice flour little by little until you get the consistency as shown in the vide. I used 1 cup of rice flour.
To fry halasina kayi pakoda/mulka:
- Heat the oil to fry the pakodas in a pan on medium low heat
- to check the oil is ready add little batter/dough, it has to come up immediately,
- Once the oil is hot add a spoonful of the pakoda batter one by one
- Fry it by stirring frequently until pakoras are well cooked, and turns golden brown on all sides
- Then remove the pakodas onto a colander or paper towel using a ladle.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter.
- You can add sabsige soppu(baby dill),methi leaves as well.