Simple yet delicious chutney – coriander coconut chutney / kottambari soppina chutney with detailed video instructions.
Chutney- there are so many varieties, each one has its own flavor, taste. Each breakfast dish like Dosa, Idli has its own companion, these goes well with a particular type of chutney.
Here we have coriander leaves and coconut chutney goes well with rice, rotti, chapathi, and bread spread.
No onion No garlic chutney recipe and this is Vegan and gluten free as well.
Try these chutneys –
Horse gram chutney(huruLi) , dill leaves chutney(sabsige soppu), ridge gourd chutney(heerekai), bitter gourd chutney(haagalakai) and more CHUTNEY recipes HERE
Ingredients for making Coriander leaves coconut chutney:
- handful of washed coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 4 to 6 green chillies
- around 1 tsp salt
- marble size tamarind soaked in water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal / split black gram
- Heat 1/4 tsp oil in a pan on medium heat, fry the green chillies until it turns white (break the chillies and add)
- Once it changes its color add coriander leaves, fry it for 30 seconds. then turn off the heat
- Grind coconut along with green chillies, coriander leaves, soaked tamarind , and salt without adding water first.
- Then add required amount of water and grind it to a coarse consistency.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat, once hot add hing, mustard seeds, after it pops add urad dal. Fry it until it turns golden brown. Then turn off the heat
- Add the seasoning to the chutney and chutney is ready to serve. Serve the chutney with dosa , idli, rice….