Mango chutney recipe with detailed video instructions.
Chutney-there are so many varieties, each one has its own flavor, and taste. Each breakfast dish like Dosa, Idli has its own companion, these goes well with a particular type of chutney. This Simple yet delicious mango chutney goes well with rice, udlige, ponagl and rotti.
Some of the health benefits of this super healthy Green Mango / mavina kayi are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Eating green mango with salt during the summer time helps to prevent water loss from the body. It helps in reducing liver problems and cleans bacterial infections in the intestine. It is amazing that nature gives us the right vegetables and fruits to take care of our body for seasonal changes. Green Mango is available usually during early summer, eating this will keep us hydrated, likewise eating Ellu Bella in Sankrathi keep us away from the dryness of skin. My sincere suggestion is please visit local markets, buy locally grown Organic vegetables and fruits. Consuming local, seasonal produce helps our body to rejuvenate, heal and moreover it is fresh 🙂
Try other vegetable chutney such as Bitter Gourd Chutney , Turmeric root chutney, Ridge Gourd chutney and many other chutneys HERE
Ingredients for making Mango Chutney:
- 1 small mango or
- 2 to 3 tbsp of grated Mango
- 5 green chillies( quantity depends on the mango and your spice intake)
- 1 cup grated coconut(fresh )
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- around 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp split black gram / urad dal
- around 1/8 tsp hing
- Heat around 1/2 tsp oil in a ladle on medium low heat. cut the green chillies and fry these chillies until it changes its color
- Once it changes it color turn off the heat
- Grind grated mango along with grated coconut, salt, chillies without adding water first
- Now add around 1/4 cup of water and grind it to a coarse consistency
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl
- Heat remaining oil in ladle on medium low heat
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, after it pops add urad dal. fry it until the dal turns golden brown.Turn off the heat
- add the seasoning to the chutney. Mix it well, Mango Chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve this Mango chutney with any breakfast like rotti, chapati, dose or you can eat it with rice