basale soppina tovve | malabar spinach dal | vegan dal recipes |
Another interesting tasty, delicious and healthy recipe using basale soppu or malbar spinach. This is using moong dal / split green gram.
Mung BEans | moong dal | green gram:
Moong | Green gram super food is loaded with protein, fiber and other important nutrients.It is a low carb beans/lentils which is highly beneficial for weight loss as well as diabetes.
These beans are easy to digest, so best as diet food. It helps to increase the red blood cells, improve blood circulation as well.
benefits of malabar spinach | basale soppu:
Basale soppu is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and B complex. These Iron rich and calcium rich greens are very beneficial for kids and pregnant women. To have a balanced diet we have to include leafy green vegetables in our diet at least 3 to 4 times a week.
When you have mouth ulcers this is the one to chew on. This is the healing herb for the mouth ulcers. This Soppu has a cooling effect on the body.
Here we have simple yet delicious basale soppina tovve \ basale dal | mangalore spinach dal recipe. This malabar spinach dal goes well with rice, rotis and rotti as well.
Ingredients for making basale soppina tovve :
- handful of basale /malabar spinach/mangalore spinach
- 1/2 cup green gram/moong dal
- 1 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 green chillies
- juice of 1/2 lemon/lime
- ~5 cups of water
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- Wash and cook the dal with 3 cups of water on medium heat
- Add water if needed
- Wash and finely chop the basale soppu/greens
- Once the dal is cooked add turmeric powder, salt, green chilies, and mix it
- Then add chopped greens, mix it and add enough water
- Mix it and let cook
- Once green are cooked, dal is ready, turn off the heat
- Squeeze the lemon juice, mix it
- Consistency of the dal is as shown in the video, i have used around 5.25 cups of water
- Heat the oil in ladle, add hing, add mustard seeds
- After it pops add jeera, fry it for few seconds,
- Then turn off the heat and add jeera powder and pepper powder,
- Add the seasoning to the dal, mix it and serve.