Ellina unde | Til Laddu | sesame seeds laddu / unde – watch the video for detailed instructions.
Wish you all happy makara shankranthi.
To celebrate the sankranti festival prepare this easy to make, vegan, gluten free, and healthy sweet ellunde / sesame seeds laddu / til laddu. Very healthy snacks for growing kids as well.
Sesame seeds / ellu are very beneficial to health. Sesame seeds are a very good source of calcium and Zinc which promotes good bone health. Helps in lowering cholesterol, iron rich and promotes heart health too.
Ingredients for making ellina unde:
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds/ellu
- 5 tbsp jaggery or
- 3/4 the quantity of sesame seeds
- 1 to 2 tbsp water
- cardamom powder (optional)
- Heat the pan on medium low heat.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds on medium low heat until it sputters and you will get the nice aroma of roasted sesame seeds.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the roasted sesame to a plate and let it cool
- Once the sesame seeds are cooled, melt the jaggery in a pan along with a tbsp of water on medium low heat
- Once the jaggery is melted completely, if jaggery has any impurities this is the time to filter it using a clean cloth. Else continue on medium low heat until you get the thread consistency or if you add a few drops of syrup into the water you should be able to make a soft ball as shown in the video.
- Consistency of the syrup is the key to the best unde.
- Once you get the perfect syrup consistency, turn off the heat and add roasted sesame seeds, mix it well and transfer it onto a greased plate
- Mix is still warm, wet your hand, take the desired amount of the mix and make the ball.
- We can make around 12 small til / ellu / sesame seeds laddus.