Please watch the video for detailed instructions and tips to make Wheat flour tambittu / godi hittina tambittu .
Wheat Flour Tambittu | Godi hittina tambittu or gulpavate is a very traditional sweet which is prepared with whole wheat flour and jaggery. Healthy and delicious gul pavate everyone will love this. This particular sweet can be prepared in many different ways. My mother prepares this way.
Tambittu is usually prepared during nagara panchami, mangala gowri vrata and Gowri festival as well.
You can prepare akki thambittu, hurigadale tambittu for the festivals .
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut bring it to room temperature, if you are using frozen coconut
- 1 to 2 TBSP ghee
- 2 to 3 TBSP water
- 4 to 5 cashews broken into small pieces
- 1 TBSP raisins
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
Yields around 8 small unde/ balls
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan on medium low heat, once hot add cashew pieces and as soon as it changes the color add raisins , fry it until the raisins puffs up. Transfer this into a bowl
- Add a tsp m ore ghee, and roast the wheat flour on low heat until the raw small disappears and changes its color to light brown.
- Turn off the heat, transfer this to a bowl
- Then add grated coconut mix it well, cover it and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes
- After 10 minutes, keep the pan back on stove, strain the jaggery, add 1 tbsp ghee and allow it to boil on medium low heat.
- once you get the 1 string consistency of the syrup, add cardamom powder mix it
- Add the coconut – wheat flour mix, turn off the heat. Add fired nuts and raisins, Mix it well.
- Don’t wait until the mix completely cools down, make the unde/balls or deepa when it is still warm.
- Take desired amount of the mix and make a ball or pyou can shape it with a small cup as shown in the video.
- To make the diya/deepa please watch the video.
- if you are making arathi to God with the tambittu then don’t add fried nuts and raisins else add it and make unde/balls.