Simple, easy to make and healthy gasagase haalu recipe, For good night sleep try drinking gasagase/poppy seeds milk or gasagase payasa. It does give a good night sleep. This is the best summer recipe as well. This gasagase haalu is Gluten free, and vegan milk.
Try this other gasagase/poppy seeds recipe – Gasagase payasa
- 1 tbsp gasagase / poppy seed
- 1 cardamom
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 2.5 cup water
- 10 almonds(optional)
- 2 tbsp jaggery powder
- Wash the poppy seeds
- Soak the washed gasagase along with almonds in 1/2 cup water
- Grind soaked almonds, poppy seeds along with coconut and cardamom to a fine paste
- Strain the paste using a strainer to a pan
- Again grind the pulp with little water, and repeat the same procedure for 3 to 4 times. Finally discard the pulp.
- Add jaggery, mix it well. add jaggery, mix it well. the consistency should be like this. I used around 2.5 cups of water.
- Gasagase halu is ready to serve. You can add ice cubes while you serve. But recommended is drinking any juice without ice for good health.