garlic rasam | ಬೆಳ್ಳುಳ್ಳಿ ಸಾರು
Garlic rasam / bellulli saru is simple yet delicious rasam to drink or eat with rice. Very easy to make, it is vegan and with simple available ingredients in the kitchen. Best for winter days, rainy days to keeps our body warm and healthy.
Another garlic recipe you should try is Garlic tambli. The unique combination of garlic and yogurt/curd flavors makes it an excellent side dish for absolutely anything!
GArlic chutney powder -Garlic chutney powder is one of the versatile powders we can prepare. This chatni powder can be used as a side dish to rotis, dose,idli and much more.
Ingredients for garlic rasam:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- little coriander leaves
- 4 curry leaves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 10 to 15 pepper
- turmeric powder
- 2 tomatoes
- Soak little tamarind in water (If the tomatoes are sour skip this step.
- 1 tsp cooking oil/ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- pinch of hing
- Few curry leaves
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- Grind garlic, coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger, green chili, jeera/cumin seeds, jaggery, pepper, without adding tomatoes to a coarse consistency
- Then add cut tomatoes, turmeric powder and grind it to a fine consistency
- Transfer this to a pan, add water to the mixer jar and add that as well,
- Add tamarind extract, add salt, and add water to make it to a rasam consistency. (I have used around 2.5 cups of water)
- You can add few curry leaves for the taste, mix it and let it boil on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, – turn off the heat and add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat oil or ghee in a ladle on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add hing, mustard seeds, after it pops add jeera
- Fry it for a few seconds, turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
- Add the prepared seasoning to the saru and Serve.
- You can drink or eat with rice as well.