Garlic Thambuli / Bellulli thambli recipe with detailed video instructions.
Whenever we went to my friend Bharati’s house, dinner used to always be something special. One of our favorite dishes there was this garlic thambuli, It has become one of our household favorites. This is a unique tambuli recipe I learned from my friend, Bharati. The unique combination of garlic and yogurt/curd flavors makes it an excellent side dish for absolutely anything!
Ingredients for making Garlic thambuli:
- 1 cup curd / Yogurt
- Add less than 1/4 tsp salt and whisk the curd
- 1/4 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 medium size or around 6 cloves of garlic (cut into pieces)
- 1 dried red chilli
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium low heat, once hot add mustard seeds. After it pops add coriander seeds
- add garlic pieces and fry it until it turns slightly golden yellow
- Now add red chilli and then fry it for few seconds, turn off the heat and let it cool
- Use the back of the spoon or better is use mortar and pestle to crush this garlic masala to coarse paste.
- Add the paste to the yogurt and mix it well.
- Make sure the yogurt/curd is at room temperature before you add this paste/
- Now the Garlic gojju or tambuli ready to serve
- You can eat with roti, paratha, rice …