Hesaru KaLu Dosa | Green Gram Dosa
Heasru kaLu Dosa or Green gram dosa is one of the popular breakfast called pesarattu in Andra. This very healthy, nutritious and delicious breakfast or even good for light dinner. Hesaru bele dosa goes well with spicy coconut chutney.
Other dosas we make with whole grains and lentils is Multigrain adai dosa. The popular dosa recipes you should try are masala dosa, khali dosa, adai dosa…
Ingredients hesaru kaLu Dosa:
- 1 cup green gram / Hesaru KaaLu
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- oil to make the dose
- 4 to 6 green chillies
- chopped coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- butter for making dosa
- 2 small onions
- ½ tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- Yields around 15 dosas.
- Wash and soak the green gram for minimum 4 hours or overnight
- grind the soaked moong, no need to add the water
- Cut the onions and keep it ready
- Grind the soaked moong along with chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves and ginger(if you are using) to a coarse paste, add enough water to grind
- you can grind onions or finely chop it and add it to the batter
- Transfer the batter to a big bowl, add rice flour, salt and jeera, and some water . mix it . The consistency should be like dosa batter, not too thick
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat
- Once it is hot enough (to check sprinkle water on hot tava, you should hear the strong sizzling sound) pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center, spread the batter from the center in a circular motion to make a circle.
- Add the oil to the center, around the edges and cover it with a lid.
- Once the dosa turns golden brown, remove from the tava
- to make the next dosa no need to grease the tava again.
- and serve hot with coconut chutney or chutney of your choice.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter.
- If you want to make extra crisp dosa add butter or oil generously and cook it on medium low heat.