Instant Idli recipe using Avalakki and rave | Idli recipe using poha and sooji / semolina with detailed video instructions.
Idli is one of most popular and tastiest breakfast in southern part of India. Along with most popular Mallige Idli, and Rave Idli, there are many ways we can prepare the this breakfast. This is one of the instant Idli which requires no fermentation. It will be very soft and fluffy. If you want you can add pinch of soda to the batter. But I feel it is not needed. Without adding either soda or eno salt you will get soft idli.
Formany different varieties of idli recipes CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making Instant Idli:
- 1 cup Gatti Avalakki / Thick Poha
- 2 cup Curd/Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup roasted Local/ medium rava/coarse sooji
- ¾ tbsp Salt
- 1 Medium size carrot(grated)
- 4 green chillies
- chopped cilantro/Coriander leaves
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- Oil to grease the idli plate
Yields around 24 Idli
- Wash avalakki/poha add 1 cup of curd ,mix it well, keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- To the same add 1 more cup of curd, mix it well , keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Grind it in a mixer jar to nice paste.
- Pour this avalakki paste to a bowl, to this add roasted rava, salt, carrot,chopped chillies,and coriander leaves, mix it well. Add enough water to get the idli batter consistency.
- Grease idli plate with oil and put the batter to each greased idli plate and stack it.
- Steam cook the Instant Idli for 20 minutes on medium high heat.Then turn off the heat. If you are using the pressure cooker to steam the idli don’t put the whistle and add enough water for steaming this idli.
- After 2 to 4 minute, remove the lid and enjoy the soft instant idli with sambar or coconut chutney or Onion tomato chutney….