Mosaru kodubale or Majjige kodubale are spicy, slightly sour and crisp outside and soft inside rice rings. This is usually made for breakfast or evening tiffin snack. Mosaru or majjige kodubale is good when it is hot. Unlike regular kodbale which can be stored for weeks, this one you can keep it for day max.
Enjoy this kodubale with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
Check out these chutney recipes
Kadale Bele or chana Dal or bele Chuntey
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ tsp oil
- ¾ cup sour curd/yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 1¼ cup to 1.5 cup buttermilk (sour)
- Littlemore than ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- 5 to 6 green chillies(finely chopped)
- 10 to 15 curry leaves (chopped)
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- Oil to fry
Yields around 20 medium size kodubale
- Mix water and yogurt/curd to well.
- Heat this buttermilk on medium heat along with jeera, salt, oil, and hing.
- Once it starts to boil add chopped onion,cilantro, curry leaves and allow it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and add rice flour, mix it well. You will have a lump of the dough.
- once you get the thick dough, turn off the heat and cover it allow it to cool.
Before turning the heat off :
- At this point if you feel the dough is too sticky, add some rice flour or if it is too dry then sprinkle some water and make it thick dough.
How to make Majjige Kodubale:
- Heat the required amount of oil in a wok or pan on medium heat.
- Take half the dough, grease the hand and grease the flat surface, knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- now take the required amount of dough and roll it to thick long rope
- join at the end as shown like a ring, make 2 or 3 and keep it ready
- once the oil is hot enough, (check by adding little dough to the oil it has to come up immediately) add prepared kodubale.
- flip it after 1/2 minute
- fry it until the kodbale turns light golden color
- remove it and transfer it onto a paper towel
- repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough
- this kodbale will be crisp outside and soft inside
- Eat when it is hot with chutney!