Wheat Fryums are Easy to make sandige using the whole wheat flour. Another interesting summer recipe Whole Wheat Flour Sandige.These sun dried sandige or fryums are very easy to make in bulk and store it for the winter days!
Other sun dried recipes :
Curd chillies / Balakada menasinakayi
- ½ cup Whole Wheat flour / Godi Hittu
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Green chillies
- ½ tsp Jeera or cumin seeds
- 2 pinches Hing or asafetida
- Oil to fry
- Grease the plates or sheets and keep it ready
- Mix wheat flour with a cup of water and keep it aside for 4 to 6 hours
- Transfer the water to a bowl, and
- Grind soaked wheat flour along with green chillies to a fine paste
- Boil the remaining water in a pan along with salt, jeera and hing.
- Once the water starts to boil add the wheat flour, chilli paste mix,
- Rinse the mixer jar with the water from the soaked flour and add it to the boiling mix. keep stirring.
- After 6 to 7 minutes (you see the batter is shining) turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Take ½ to 1 tsp of the batter put it on the greased plate as shown in the video.
- Sun dry this sandige for a day or 2. Store it in a airtight container.
How to use the Sandige:
- Take required amount of dried sandige.
- Heat enough oil to fry the sandige on medium heat.
- Once hot deep fry the prepared sandige until it turns light golden color.