Methi Parata or fenugreek leaves parata is healthy breakfast with a flavorful menthya soppu. Try this easy and delicious methi parata for breakfast or pack it as lunch for kids.
We the south Indians make different types for dosa, and rice rotti adding variety vegetables and cheese paneer etc… likewise rotis being staple food in northern part of India, they have these vegetable or paneer based stuffings to make the rotis more healthy and flavorful.
Here is the recipe to simple Menthya parata.
Try our other menthya / methi leaves recipes
Ingredients for making methi parata: 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- handful of washed methi leaves
- around ¾ cup of hot water
- Ghee 2 tsp for dough and more for making the parata
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ajwain /carom seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds/eLLu
- around 4 finely chopped green chillies
- 1/8 tsp jeerigemensina pudi(Optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¾ tsp salt or salt to taste
- Iron Skillet/tava
- Throughly wash the methi leaves and
- finely chop the methi leaves
- To the wheat flour add all dry ingredients like salt, ajwain, jeerige menasina pudi, sesame seeds, jeera along with 2 tsp ghee, and mix it well.
- Now add chopped methi leaves, green chillies grated ginger, mix it and then add water little by little, mix it until you have the soft chapathi dough.
- smear the ghee to the dough and keep it aside.
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts, make the balls and keep it aside. take one ball, flatten it, dip it in the dry flour and roll into a circle.(need not be very thin)
- put this parata onto the hot tava, put some ghee or oil. Cook both sides until it is cooked properly , remove it from the tava and repeat the same procedure for remaining paratas
- you can make 6 paratas.
- you can add kadle hittu/besan along with wheat flour for the dough
- you can add garam masala as well.