For lunch box or some quick and easy rice dish Menthya Soppina Anna or Methi leaves Pulav is the One! Very delicious and easy to make healthy rice recipe.
For more rice recipes CLICK HERE
Check these other menthya/methi /fenugreek recipes – menthya soppina dosey, Menthya dose, Methi potato bath
Ingredients for methi leaves pulav:
- 1 cup rice ( wash and soak for 20 minutes)
- 2 cups water
- handful of methi leaves
- 2.5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 3 cloves
- 2 small cardamoms
- ½ inch cinnamon 3 to 4 pieces
- small 4 bay leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 green chillies
- 1/4 tsp jeerigemenasina pudi (if available else add more green chilies)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- few curry leaves
- salt to taste or around 1 tbsp
- 3 small tomatoes
- around 15 cashews
- Finely chop green chillies,onion,grate the ginger, and garlic or finely chop then as well
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces
- grind coconut along with water to fine paste
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker on medium low heat, once hot add cinnamon,cardamom, cloves,
- Grated ginger, garlic and then grated chillies, onion, chopped methi leaves keep mixing while adding each ingredient
- Fry this for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat and add chopped tomato
- Add jeerigemenasina pudi, mix it, add grind coconut paste, remaining water along with salt.
- now add the soaked rice along with the water. add ghee, mix it and allow it to boil.
- once it starts to boil close the lid, let it cook on medium heat. Turn off the heat after 2 whistle.
- After the pressure is released from the cooker, open and mix it well, ENJoy the palav with raita, chips…