Palak Poori Recipe | Spinach Poori | Breakfast recipes
Palak Poori recipe with detailed video instruction.
Poori is delicious deep fried breakfast dish loved by almost every kid. Adding spinach and some chillies will give the added tase to the poori. Try this vegan deep fried breakfast Spinach Poori.
For regular poori recipe click here on POORI
Ingredients for Palak poori:
1 cup = 250ml
- Handful of spinach / Palak (wash it thoroughly and keep it ready)
- 1 to 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp om / ajwain
- 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- around ¼ to ½ cup water
- Boil ¼ cup of water in a pan on high heat to blanch the spinach
- once it starts to boil add washed spinach, let it be in the boiling water for few seconds (until all the leaves are immersed in water) do not cook the leaves
- Turn off the heat and immediately transfer it to a plate ( since this is very small quantity I am directly transferring the blanched spinach to mixer jar)
- Once it becomes warm grind the spinach along with green chillies to a fine paste. Transfer this spinach paste to a bowl,
- add ajwain, salt and mix it well. Then add the wheat flour little by little to make little stiff dough, (i used around 1/4 cup water and 1 cup wheat flour to this consistency.)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium high heat to deep fry the pooris
- Divide the dough into 12 or more equal parts
- take one portion and dip in the dry wheat flour and roll it using a rolling pin to make circle. (not too thin)
- Gently and carefully drop the prepared palak poori into the hot oil, press it gently using a perforated ladle. and pour the hot oil on the poori as shown, it helps the pooris puff up.
- Flip it to the other side , cook both sides well and then remove the poori onto a paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining pooris. we can make around 12 this size pooris .