Basundi Recipe | How to make basundi | Milk sweet recipe
Basundi recipe with detailed video instructions in kannada.
Basundi is rich and creamy , delicious milk based sweet. Though the traditional way of preparing basundi is time consuming, but it is worth every minute:) Basundi is prepared by evaporating the milk with sugar until it is reduced to half the original quantity by constantly stirring the milk. Adding nuts make it more delicious. Make sure not to burn the milk.
Basundi can be served warm or chilled . This milk dessert is served with poori as well. Poori and basundi is very popular combination. It is more like eating bele obbattu with mango rasayana 🙂
Try this another milk based sweet Rasmalai and checkout these other sweets recipes
- 4 cups / 1 liter of full fat milk / whole milk
- 3 tbsp sugar ( or more)
- 10 to 15 strands of saffron soaked in milk
- 2 cardamoms (powdered)
- 10 to 12 pista (crushed )
- 7 to 8 almonds(crushed)
- 5 to 6 cashews (crushed)
- boil the milk in big thick bottom pan on medium high heat . keep stirring
- once the milk forms the cream on top, keep mixing scraping the sides as well
- After 20 20 minutes on medium high heat, quantity of milk is reduced by 1/4 th, now add crushed cashews, little pista, and little almond pieces, sugar, soaked saffron, and mix it well,
- Let it boil until the quantity reduced to half the original quantity (4 cups to 2 cups)
- Once it is reduced to ½ and the consistency should be as shown. It takes around 45 minutes on medium high heat.
- now turn off the heat and add cardamom powder. Mix it
- You can serve Basundi wither chilled or warm. Both tastes amazing.
- Before serving add remaining pista pieces and almond pieces on top and serve.
- please do try this Basundi with Poori
- If you want more sweetness add more sugar even after it is done and then boil it for a minute ,
- Once the basundi is cooled completely it will become thick, you can add cold milk to get the right consistency.