Halina kene Burfi | Malai Burfi | Indian Sweet Recipes
Gluten free Halina kene burfi or Malai Burfi recipe with detailed video recipe.
Looking for tasty, delicious, milk based recipe, try this Haalina kene recipe. This burfi made with only 2 ingredients – milk cream (particularly kene) (malai )and sugar.
Halina kene or malai is the thick yellow ( if it is cow’s milk ) or white (from buffalo milk) layer of fat which forms on top if the coiled and cooled non homogenized milk which is skimmed off.
Try this almond burfi, coconut burfi, cashew burfi and more sweet recipes CLICK HERE ON SWEETS
Ingredients for making halina kene burfi:
- 2 cup haalina kene (milk cream which floats on top when the milk is boiled and cooled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cardamoms
- 8 cashews (make it thin long pieces)
- 10 almonds (cut it thin long pieces)
- grease the plate with ghee and keep it ready
- powder the cardamom seeds and keep it ready
- Everyday collect the milk cream which floats on top when the milk is boiled and cooled in a container, keep refrigerated. If it is hot summer days it is good to freeze.
- combine cream and sugar in a thick bottom pan. Place it on stove on medium high heat. allow it to boil .Stir it occasionally.
- As the burfi mix becomes thick, reduce the heat to low and stir it constantly
- Add cardamom powder, cashews and almond pieces, mix it, once the burfi mix leaves the pan, turn off the heat and pour it on the greased plate,
- spread it evenly, you can use the bottom of the cup or a small bowl to level the burfi as shown
- we can make 30 pieces and takes around 35 to 40 minutes to prepare this Mitayi