Gluten free Halina kene burfi or Malai Burfi recipe with detailed video recipe.
Looking for tasty, delicious, milk based recipe, try this Haalina kene recipe. This burfi made with only 2 ingredients – milk cream (particularly kene) (malai )and sugar.
Halina kene or malai is the thick yellow ( if it is cow’s milk ) or white (from buffalo milk) layer of fat which forms on top if the coiled and cooled non homogenized milk which is skimmed off.
Ingredients for making halina kene burfi:
- 2 cup haalina kene (milk cream which floats on top when the milk is boiled and cooled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cardamoms
- 8 cashews (make it thin long pieces)
- 10 almonds (cut it thin long pieces)
- grease the plate with ghee and keep it ready
- powder the cardamom seeds and keep it ready
- Everyday collect the milk cream which floats on top when the milk is boiled and cooled in a container, keep refrigerated. If it is hot summer days it is good to freeze.
- combine cream and sugar in a thick bottom pan. Place it on stove on medium high heat. allow it to boil .Stir it occasionally.
- As the burfi mix becomes thick, reduce the heat to low and stir it constantly
- Add cardamom powder, cashews and almond pieces, mix it, once the burfi mix leaves the pan, turn off the heat and pour it on the greased plate,
- spread it evenly, you can use the bottom of the cup or a small bowl to level the burfi as shown
- we can make 30 pieces and takes around 35 to 40 minutes to prepare this Mitayi