Mango kesari | Mavina hannina kesari bath | Mango Sheera
Mango Kesari or Mango sheera is utterly delicious mango flavored sweet made with sooji/rave. You can use any sweet Mango for this recipe. Instead of plain kesari bath try this Mango during Mango season or Pineapple kesari which adds the fruit flavor and tastes heavenly. When the mangoes are not in season use frozen Mango. You can put the kesari bath on a greased plate and spread it and cut into desired shapes, it will be Mango semolina cake, best for the parties and get together.
For Plain Kesaribath: CLICK HERE
For Pineapple kesaribath CLICK HERE
For Rice Kesaribath or Sweet Saffron Rice CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making Mango Kesari:
- 1 cup local rave/uppittina rave/coarse sooji
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar
- 1 big mango (wash and peel the skin, cut the fruit and grind it to make the pulp)
- or 1 cup mango pulp(unsweetened)
- 1.5 cup water
- water + pulp =2.5 to 3 cups
- 3 to 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 to 2 tbsp raisins
- 8 to 10 cashews(broken into small pieces)
- crush 2 to 3 cardamoms and keep it ready
- pinch of saffron soaked in milk
- vegan option- use coconut oil and soak the saffron in water or you can use almond milk to make this kesari
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in pan on medium low heat, fry cashews until it turns golden yellow and then add raisins, fry it until the raisins puff up.
- Now transfer this to a bowl
- keep the same pan back on stove, dry roast the rave until it slightly changes the color and you will get nice roasted rava aroma
- Transfer it to a plate and let it cool.
- Boil water and mango pulp along with saffron soaked milk, and a spoon of ghee on medium heat.(around 2.5 cups liquid all together)
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, add rave slowly and mixing it continuously.
- Cover it and cook it for a minute.
- After a minute…. mix it well, add sugar and some ghee, mix it again, cover it and cook it on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes…..Mix it well, add cardamom powder, remaining ghee and mix it. kesaribath is ready,
- Consistency of the kesari bath should be not too thin, not too dry. if it is too liquid cover it and cook it for few more minutes, if it is too dry – sprinkle some water and cover it and cook it.
- Turn off the heat, add fries cashews and raisins – mix and serve 🙂