Pineapple Kesari bath recipe | pineapple kesari bhath | ananas kesari bhath is delicious mouthwatering sweet made with fresh pineapple and Rava/Sooji. This utterly delicious pineapple dessert is perfect for festival days or just to quench the sweet cravings!
Ingredients for making pineapple kesaribath:
- ½ cup Coarse Sooji/ Medium Rava (ಮೀಡಿಯುಮ್ ರವೆ)
- ½ cup finely chopped pineapple (ಅನಾನಸ್)
- ½ cup Sugar ( ಸಕ್ಕರೆ)
- 2 to 4 TBSP ghee or more (ತುಪ್ಪ)
- 2 to 3 Cardamoms (powdered)(ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ)
- Pinch of kesari/Saffron soaked in milk (ಕೇಸರಿ )
- 1¼ cup water (ನೀರು)
- 4 to 5 cashews(broken into small pieces) (ಗೋಡಂಬಿ ಚೂರುಗಳು)
- 1 TBSP raisins (ಒಣ ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ)
Please watch Video for tips and instructions in Kannada
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan on medium heat, fry cashews and raisins until the raisins puffs up and nuts turn golden brown, transfer it to a plate.
- Place the same pan back on the stove, add another TBSP ghee, add rava/Sooji and roast the Rava until the raw smell disappears, you get the nice aroma and rava turns golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted Rava to a plate.
- Boil the water in a pan on medium heat, add the chopped pineapple , allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Now add the roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously. Cover it and cook it on low flame for a minute.
- Add sugar, a TBSP ghee along with saffron, mix it well, again cover it and cook it for 2 to 4 minutes,
- Then add one more TBSP ghee, mix it continuously until you get the rava kesari consistency, turn off the heat and add fried raisins and cashews and cardamom powder. Mix it well and Enjoy the pineapple kesaribath
If you don’t have kesari, skip it, don’t add any food colorings, instead use a small pinch of turmeric powder