Rice Kesari Bath | Sweet Saffron Rice | Karnataka recipes
Rice Kesari Bath – super delicious festival recipe.
Kesari Bath is a traditional sweet prepared during festival days. As the name says “Kesari ” meaning saffron, so this Rice Kesari Bath sweet dish is sweet make with rice and saffron. It has so rich aroma of Saffron, it is do appetizing and irresistible sweet : ) I Love the way my mother makes this sweet. It is just amazing. Here I am sharing the same recipe the way she does!
Along with giving rich color to the dish, saffron has many medicinal benefits too.
Other kesari bath recipes you can try are Pineapple kesari, plain rava Kesari bath, and mango kesari
Preparation of this kesari bhath is quick and easy.
- ½ cup rice(ಅಕ್ಕಿ)
- 1 cup water(ನೀರು)
- ¼ cup grated dry coconut(ಕೊಬ್ಬರಿ ತುರಿ)
- ½ cup sugar(ಸಕ್ಕರೆ)
- 2 TBSP water(ನೀರು)
- 2 to 3 TBSP ghee(ತುಪ್ಪ)
- 1 to 2 TBSP raisins(ಒಣ ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ)
- 8 to 10 cashews cut into small pieces(ಗೋಡಂಬಿ ಚೂರುಗಳು)
- 3 to 4 cardamoms(¼ tsp powder)(ಏಲಕ್ಕಿ)
- 1 pinch or 10 to 15 strands of saffron(soak it in milk)(ಕೇಸರಿ – ಹಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ನೆನಸಿಟ್ಟಿರಿ)
- Wash and cook the rice in rice cooker or pressure cooker (with 1 cup of water and little oil allow it to just warm)
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan on medium low heat, and fry cashews until it turns golden brown.
- Then add raisins and fry it until it puffs up. Remove both to a plate( you can fry both the cashews and raisins together or separately)
- Now to the same pan add sugar and 2 TBSP water, allow it to boil
- Add grated dried coconut to the sugar syrup and let it boil.
- Now add the cooked rice, a TBSP ghee, and mix it
- Rub the soaked saffron using fingers and add milk along with the saffron.
- Mix it well, cover it and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes(stir it in between, add another TBSP or more ghee)
- Once all the water evaporates(usually it takes to 10 minutes)turn off the heat and add cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins
- Mix it well and Kesari Bhath is ready to eat !
For tips and detailed instructions please watch the video.
Few Benefits of Saffron:
- Rich in Vitamin B2
- Helps in sell formation and repair
- Helps maintaining blood pressure
- Anti Depressant(reduces anxiety and stress)
- Boosts energy and blood circulation
- Strengthens nervous system…