Wish you all happy yugaadi ! this shubhakruth samvatsara brings you properous, good health and happiness in the world.
Mango peda |Instant Mango peda using milk powder | kesar mango peda recipe | mango doodh peda |mavina hannina peda .
For bevu bella recipes– BEVU BELLA with the shloka at the end
To celebrate the new year “shubhakruth” samvatsara we are making easy and tasty Mango kesad pelk peda using milk powder. Alphonso or kesar mango is recommended for this recipe which gives flavor and color to the burfi. Since it is too early to get those mangoes here I am using regular manila mangoes.
Yugadi – meaning beginning of the year! it is the beginning of New year/samvatsara to us. It is the beginning of spring which symbolises the new growth. We celebrate this ugadi festival by eating the bevu bella. Bevu-Bella signifies that we have to give prominence to both Joy and sorrow, which is inevitable in everyone’s life path. In fact, the flavors are just that – bitter and sweet – resulting in “bittersweet”. Philosophically speaking we have to take bitter and sweet equally in life.
Obbattu / holige recipes :
Ingredients for mango peda:
- 2 sweet mangoes (wash, peel and cut the fruit and grind it)
- OR 1 cup mango puree
- 1 cup whole milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar/jaggery powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- pinch of saffron soaked in milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Combine mango puree, milk and sugar in a thick bottom pan
- Keep this on medium heat, and let the sugar dissolves
- When it starts to boil add milk powder, mix it well
- add 1 tbsp ghee and saffron milk, mix it well
- Stir it until the peda mix forms a ball
- This is after 5 minutes – peda mix starts to thicken
- Consistency after 10 minutes – You may want to reduce the heat to low
- After 20 minutes, all the water content is evaporated and now add cardamom powder, mix it well
- Further, final consistency of the peda,that is the mix leaves the pan and forms a ball.at that stage turn off the heat and transfer this on to a greased plate and let it cool a bit.
- Grease the hand and knead the peda mix, take a desired amount and make the pedas.
- place the chopped nuts in the center.
- if the peda is sticking to the hand then put this back into the pan, keep it on low flame for some more time until you get the right consistency,
- Yields 8 to 10 pedas