carrot halwa recipe | carrot halva
Carrot Halwa Recipe
Carrot halwa is very easy to make healthy and tasty sweet. With ingredients like carrots, milk, and nuts, it is a super food for growing kids as well. Instead of whole nuts you can add ready badam milk powder as well. Wondering how to make the badam milk powder at home? Here is the recipe – BADAM MILK POWDER.
For other sweet Recipes CLICK HERE on SWEETS
Benefits of carrot:
Carrot is an amazing root loaded with Vitamin A and beta carotene. The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant. It helps slow down the aging of cells. Chewing on a piece of carrot after each meal helps in maintaining healthy gums and teeth.
Ingredients for carrot halwa:
- 10 medium size carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 10 cashews (cut into small pieces)
- 6 to 8 almonds (chopped)
- 10 to 15 raisins / dry grapes
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp ghee
- Wash and grate the carrots and keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee, fry badam, cashews and raisins and transfer it to a plate. To the same pan add grated carrot, fry it until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the milk. allow it to cook. Stir it in between.Once it starts boiling add sugar.Let it be on medium low heat.
- Mix it. Stir this in between and keep scraping the sides too. Once the milk is 3/4 evaporated add the ghee.
- Keep stirring and cook it on low flame until the mix becomes dry.The milk should evaporate completely and it becomes more like cooked carrot with the khova.
- Now turn off the heat and add fried cashews, almonds and raisins along with cardamom powder. Mix it well.
- You can store this halwa for a week in the refrigerator.Enjoy the halva hot or cold. Hot halwa with cold ice cream tastes awesome!