Moong dal halwa or hesaru bele halwa is delicious, rich sweet made with split green gram that is mung beans, sugar, and lots of ghee . This is surely an addictive sweet which is usually prepared during the winter season. Try this sweet and let us know how you liked it.
Ingredients for making Moong Dal halwa:
- 1/2 cup hesaru bELe / moong dal / split green gram
- 1/2 cup ghee
- around 1 tbsp or 20 raisins
- 10 sliced almonds
- around 10 cashews( broken into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar( more or less)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup water
- wash and soak the moong dal / hesaru bele in a cup of water for 3 to 4 hours
- Drain all the water from soaked dal
- Grind it to a coarse paste without adding water
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat
- fry the nuts until it turns golden brown and fry raisins until it puffs up. remove and transfer it to a bowl.
- now add the coarse paste to the ghee, fry it until it turns golden brown adding little ghee in between, and as the mix separates from ghee remove it from the flame
- boil 1 cup of water
- Add the boiling water to the fryed dal paste, be careful when adding water.Keep this back on the stove on medium or medium low hwat.
- Stir it continuously , add sugar, add milk as well. Mix it , stir it until it becomes thick and halwa consistency. Add remaining ghee, mix it, turn off the heat and add cardamom powder, mix it,
- Now halva is ready, transfer the halva to a serving bowl, add little ghee and garnish with fried nuts and raisins and Serve