Happy DeepavaLi ! Here is the Vegan recipe of Wheat halwa | Wheat halbai | Godhi Halva recipe.
Ingredients for Wheat Halwa Recipe:
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 3 cup water
- 1¼ cup jaggery
- 4 cardamom
- pinch of saffron – soak it in 2 tsp water
- 2 tbsp chopped cashew pieces
- 3 to 3.5 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- Grease the plate and keep it ready
- Wash and soak the wheat for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Melt the jaggery with 1/4 cup water ann strain it to a thick bottom pan
- Grind this soaked wheat with 1/2 cup of water to fine paste, then add another 1/2 cup and grind it. Strain this to the jaggery syrup pan.
- Put the pulp back to the mixer, add 1 cup of water, cardamoms and grind.
- this is the 3rd time.
- I have used 3 cups of water all together,
- Keep the pan on the stove on medium /medium low heat. Keep stirring
- Once this mix starts to thicken reduce the heat, add 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, keep stirring,
- Keep stirring and add the coconut oil / ghee in intervals.
- Add saffron water, and cashew pieces, keep stirring until the halwa becomes thick like it forms the ball. At this point turn off the heat and transfer the halbai to the greased plate.
- Grease the spoon and spread it evenly. and let it cool completely
- Grease the knife and cut the halbai to desired shape and size.
- With 1 cup of wheat we can make 30 pieces
- It can be refrigerated for a week.